Drastically Boost Your Fertility – In Just 15 Minutes a Day
Did you know that there are things that you can do in just a few minutes every day that can have a profound (positive) impact on your fertility?
We are all SO busy – life seems to be moving at a faster pace these days than it ever has before – we’re rushing from place to place. We’re overscheduled. We’re overcommitted. We’re horribly overextended. Some days I barely have time to go the bathroom I feel so busy. And it doesn’t look like things will ever slow down.
The fact of the matter is, though, that if you’re trying to get pregnant you HAVE to make time for that. It has to be one of your biggest priorities, if not THE biggest priority in your life, especially if you have fertility challenges. If you’re struggling to conceive, you already know that just having sex and hoping it gives you a baby in 9 months has a low possibility of working for you.
You need to put more time and effort into it.
You need to look for other solutions.
You need to be focused.
You need to be strategic.
But it’s not easy. We get 24 hours in a day, and a lot of other things compete for our time:
- Sleep.8 hours.
- Work.If you work, whether for someone else or yourself, you need to dedicate about 8 hours.
- If you already have kids, you need to actually raise them, and spend time with them. You also need to enjoy quality time with your partner. Conservatively estimate 2 hours.
- Self-Care. Exercise, getting a pedicure, time with friends, whatever self-care looks like to you. Conservatively estimate 1 hour.
- Miscellaneous. Things like commuting, errands, cooking, laundry, paying bills, and other chores. Estimate 3 hours.
Total – 22 hours
When you add all this up, you can see that there are just 2 measly hoursleft to dedicate to your fertility journey. And if you’re in treatment, you know it takes more than 2 hours a day for doctor’s appointments, administering medications, researching everything you need to know, making BIG decisions, and actually having the procedures.
Forget trying to make big diet or lifestyle changes; this is just to keep up.
So you have to borrow time from somewhere else to make up the shortfall. We can’t usually skimp on work or most commitments, so sleep is what suffers and unfortunately, the paltry hour we gave ourselves for self-care goes out the window too. So does, oftentimes, quality time with our partner.
How to deal with the hamster wheel of life while on a fertility journey?
Introducing the One-Minute Practice.
The One-Minute Practice looks for the low-hanging fruit, those quick and easy things that you can do that can have a big impact. The quick wins.
On those days where life is crazy you can rest assured that there are still things you can do to help your chances to conceive.
Here are 6 quick and easy actions that you can include in your daily One-Minute Practice for fertility that can make a big difference.
- Take your basal body temperature. The power of temperature charting is amazing. You can learn about your own unique cycle, including your ovulation patterns and the length of the different phases of your cycle. You also get a sense of what is and is not normal for your own body. It seriously just takes a minute to do, first thing in the morning, and then you’re done for the whole day. Click here for more information about temperature charting. 1 minute.
- Check your cervical fluid. Checking your cervical fluid helps you pinpoint your fertile window. This is essential, especially if you’re trying to conceive naturally. Even in treatment it helps you gain insight on your estradiol levels. It takes just a minute to check it; for best results check your cervical fluid at least 3 times throughout the day. Click here for more information about cervical fluid. 3 minutes.
- Make (and drink) a green smoothie and take your prenatal vitamin. It’s no secret that what we put into our bodies makes a big difference. We are what we eat. It literally takes just a minute to make a green smoothie that’s chock full of healthy goodness to fuel our fertility, and even less to drink it because it’s so yummy. It makes a great breakfast. Don’t forget to take your prenatal vitamin with a big glass of water to make sure you’re getting all the nutrients you need for preconception. 3 minutes.
- Do easy yoga stretches. Regularly moving the physical body keeps blood flowing to the uterus as well as improved overall circulation. It also improves flexibility and endurance. When you don’t have time to hit an hour-long yoga class, you can do a forward-bending pose, a back-bending pose, a hip-opener and legs up the wall pose – each for 1 minute – and BAM! You’re done. Those poses have immense benefits for fertility. You don’t have to do them all at the same time, they can be sprinkled throughout the day. For more information click here. 4 minutes.
- Sounds crazy, right? We’re already doing that, right? We’re all breathing all the time! This is true, but here I’m referring to focused, centering breathing. This type of breathing helps to connect your mind and body, let go of stress and tension and connect to your innermost self. Take a minute when you wake up and a minute before you go to sleep to close your eyes and just focus on your breath. 2 minutes.
- Repeat your affirmations. A key aspect to a mindfulness practice is developing a positive mindset toward your journey. Sometimes this involves retraining your subconscious mind. Studies consistently show that women doing IVF treatment have higher success rates when they’re also undergoing mind-body interventions. The use of affirmations can really help with this. Affirmations can be combined with your breathing exercises described in #4. After your centering breathing, add the affirmations. You can say them out loud or in your head. Choose the words that resonate with you. For example, on the inhale you could say, “My body is ready to create new life.” On the exhale you could say, “I will be a mother.” As with your breathing exercises, do this when you first wake up and before you go to sleep. In time, the words will become part of your subconscious mind. 2 minutes.
Total – 15 minutes
These are extremely powerful actions you can take that increase your awareness of your fertility signs, improve your physical health and train your subconscious mind – all in just 15 minutes a day.
Obviously, there is more involved in trying to conceive, but if you do these every day the chances that you’ll get pregnant will be higher. It’ll give you an edge.
But you do need to do them every day.
Small steps taken consistently every day will keep you focused, AND move you steadily toward your goal of not only improved fertility but better health and well-being.
How does this sound to you? What can you include in your One Minute Practice? Sound off in the comments below!
Fertility Hospital in Dubai | ICSI Dubai | IVF Centers in Dubai