Healthy Vegan Chocolate Mousse
This healthy mousse alternative is nothing short of revolutionary. Now you can enjoy chocolate mousse knowing that it’s protein-rich, vegan, dairy-free and boasts of ONLY natural sugars. Add to that the fact that it literally takes 5 minutes to prepare and this is EPIC chocolatey creaminess super-quick at your fingertips 🙂
An incredible way to preserve your fitness and fertility whilst still indulging.
** Recipe makes for about 3 servings or 2 hearty ones
You will need :
- 1 frozen banana chopped (I highly recommend keeping one for craving-emergencies in your freezer at all times)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 tbsp of vanilla essence
- 1 scoop or 30g of choice chocolate protein powder (I use Smart Fitness Athlete powder because it’s low-cal, all-natural and has a low whey content)
- 1/3 cup of almond or soy milk (you may use regular cow’s milk of you like)
- 2 tbsp of cacao nibs
- Topping : goji berries, raspberries, nuts, bee pollen, cacao nibs (as you wish!)
To make :
- In a blender, blitz together the avocado flesh, the banana, the almond milk, chocolate protein powder and vanilla essence. This takes about 2 minutes to form a creamy mixture.
- Manually stir in the cacao nibs
- Top with toppings of your choice and dig in 😀 !