Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
Why should I opt for ICSI in Dubai?
Before a physician of Conceive Gynecology and Fertility Hospital can recommend ICSI in Dubai, a thorough evaluation of male infertility is necessary. This is done through a detailed is history, examination and semen analysis.
Circumstances in which ICSI Dubai may be suitable include:
• Men with low sperm count
• Men with abnormal sperm in terms of genetics, shape, size and motility
• Previously failed IVF because of lack of fertilization.
• Men who have undergone vasectomies that cannot be reversed. In this case the sperm is harvested through PESA or TeSA.
• Men with erectile dysfunction and/or problems with ejaculation.
• Women with repetitive and unexplained miscarriages.
• Women suffering from PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). PCOS (متلازمة تكيس المبايض) is a condition that affects a woman’s hormone levels. Women with PCOS produce higher-than-normal amounts of male hormones. This hormone imbalance causes them to skip menstrual periods and makes it harder for them to get pregnant.
• Women diagnosed with and suffering from Endometriosis. Endometriosis is an often painful disorder in which tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus — the endometrium — grows outside the uterus. Endometriosis most commonly involves your ovaries, fallopian tubes and the tissue lining the pelvis. It results in heavy bleeding and can cause decreased fertility levels.
• Uterine fibroid and/or polyps. Fibroids are non-cancerous or benign growths that can grow inside the uterus causing infertility by virtue of obstruction. Polyps on the other hand are growths of the Endometrium (uterus wall lining) and do possess a possibility of becoming malignant or cancerous. They too cause obstruction and even heavy bleeding.
• Women with scar tissues or adhesions from previous surgeries like over-zealous terminations.
ICSI in Dubai has revolutionized the treatment of infertility and helped couples that had absolutely no hope of becoming parents.
Added benefits of ICSI in Dubai – Advanced Sperm selection in the laboratory (PICSI)
Through ICSI, issues of low sperm count and poor motility are combatted successfully. But with ICSI, a loophole is that sperm selection was left to the eye of the embryologist. Till recently, there was no firm way of knowing if a normal looking sperm was mature and able to successfully fertilize the egg.
This is where Physiological Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection or PICSI comes into playwithin the ICSI Dubai process. PICSI ensures better sperm selection by narrowing the sperm sample to only the most mature sperms that successfully bind to Hyaluronan. Hyaluronan is a substance that is found in many tissues of the body, most importantly for us in the cells that surround the human egg.
Mature sperm have a higher ability to bind with Hyaluronan, which means they have a higher ability to bind with an egg. Studies have shown that high Hyaluronan binding sperm have better morphology, more motility, and greater maturity, than sperm that don’t bind, or don’t bind well. These suitable sperm in turn have lower rates of chromosomal abnormalities, and higher probability of producing a pregnancy. The PICSI dish is a petri dish coated with Hyaluronan dots. Sperm are placed in the dish and the ones that bind to the Hyaluronan dots are selected for ICSI in Dubai procedure. Embryos resulting from the PICSI-ICSI are transplanted back into the woman’s uterus for implantation and have yielded excellent results in successful pregnancies. Another big reason to opt for ICSI Dubai (ما هو الحقن المجهري).