Louise Brown, born in July 1978 in England was the world’s first IVF or in vitro fertilization baby. The term “in vitro” comes from the fact that the process of fertilization takes place in a laboratory petri dish rather than in the woman’s body. IVF is the process of fertilization outside the wife’s womb whereby eggs are retrieved from the ovaries and then met in a petri-dish in the laboratory by a sample of sperm which in turn has been extracted from the husband.
With an IVF clinic in Sharjah and an IVF centre in Dubai, Conceive Gynecology and Fertility Hospital is available to help couples seeking IVF treatment in UAE catering to all the emirates from Abu Dhabi to Dubai to Sharjah to Ajman to Umm Al Quwain to Ras Al Khaimah and even Fujairah. To find the Conceive IVF clinic location closest to you visit our CONTACT US page.
Why do I need IVF treatment in UAE?
When a couple comes forth for infertility treatment, they are first thoroughly examined, assessed and evaluated in terms of their medical history and reproductive abilities. Accordingly they’re advised to opt for in vitro fertilization which will maximize their chances of a successful pregnancy.
Couples with the following conditions are considered for IVF treatment in Dubai:
• Women with damaged or blocked Fallopian tubes. The fallopian tubes, also known as oviducts, uterine tubes, or salpinges (singular salpinx) are uterine appendages leading from the ovaries into the uterus. The egg travels this path and it is within the tubes that they ‘meet’ the sperm to fertilize into an embryo. The resulting embryo travels down the tube to the uterus to implant in the latter.
• Women suffering from irregular menstrual cycles.
• Women suffering from PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). PCOS is a condition that affects a woman’s hormone levels. Women with PCOS produce higher-than-normal amounts of male hormones. This hormone imbalance causes them to skip menstrual periods and makes it harder for them to get pregnant.
• Unsuccessful Intrauterine Insemination (IUI).
• Women diagnosed with and suffering from Endometriosis. Endometriosis is an often painful disorder in which tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus — the endometrium — grows outside the uterus. Endometriosis most commonly involves your ovaries, fallopian tubes and the tissue lining the pelvis. It results in heavy bleeding and can cause decreased fertility levels.
• Uterine fibroid and/or polyps. Fibroids are non-cancerous or benign growths that can grow inside the uterus causing infertility by virtue of obstruction. Polyps, on the other hand, are growths of the Endometrium (uterus wall lining) and do possess a possibility of becoming malignant or cancerous. They too cause an obstruction and even heavy bleeding.
• Women who’ve had recurrent miscarriages with no medical diagnostic explanation.
• Men with sperm with low motility (Oligospermia), abnormal sperms, no sperm at all (Azoospermia) and/or other disorders like Retrograde Ejaculation (incorrect flow od direction of the sperms from the testicles through the penis) and Varicocele (a Varicoceleis an enlargement of the veins within the loose bag of skin that holds your testicles – the scrotum).
• Couple who have unexplained infertility.
• Women who have diminished ovarian reserve i.e. low number of eggs due to increased age or due to some genetic obstacles.
Understanding IVF treatment in UAE
An IVF treatment Dubai cycle begins with Ovulation Induction from which eggs are collected and mixed with a sample of the husband’s sperms. The mixture of eggs and sperms is incubated in a suitable environment in the laboratory of a ConceiveIVF clinic in UAE. The procedure of egg collection involves a small operation performed under light sedation in a Conceive IVF clinic surgical theatre. The operation is virtually painless and the patient can go home the same day. The eggs fertilize in the laboratory and divide over 2-3 days. The resulting embryos are then gently transplanted into the uterus by means of a small procedure. If the embryos implant into the lining of the womb, a pregnancy occurs.
Benefits of IVF Treatmentin Dubai
• IVF Treatment in Abu Dhabi , Dubai and Sharjahworks where all other infertility treatments fails such as fertility medications, intrauterine insemination etc.
• By utilizing genetic screening (PGD), IVF Process increases your chances of having a healthy baby.
• Increased conception chances. With PGS, IVF has the maximum success rate compared to all other assisted reproductive options.
• IVF Treatment decreases miscarriage chances by using PGD to determine the genetic viability.
• Donated eggs and/or sperm can be used in the In-vitro fertilization process to increase chances of getting pregnant.
This post is also available in: Arabic